Sunday 27 May 2012

Crab House Restaurant Cancun

My colleagues keep talking about this Crab House Place and how nice it is meant to be, so I went to see for myself.


Located right opposite the Casamagna Marriott Hotel by the Nichupte Lagoon, this makes a perfect alternative once you've run out of Restaurants in your Hotel.
If like me, you love Seafood, what better place to eat it, then overlooking a Lagoon.
Jesus my waiter tells me that in the evening the Crocodiles come to the little Marina right in front looking for food.
I suggested maybe they would like some tourists, but he insisted they like chicken better.


Once seated comfortably on the terrace, another waiter brings a large platter with fresh seafood. The catch of the day he calls it. On it there is a huge Lobster tail, some filleted fish, large Shrimps and various Crab Claws. 
Stone Crab is the local speciality here, always fresh, never frozen I'm being told, and it comes in 3 sizes and highly recommended.
The waiter explains that the Club House Seafood Platter for 2 can also be done for one. Well he must have read my mind!


Grilled Fish (on the right), cracked Stone Crab (right in front), Alaskan Crab Claws (the long ones on top), grilled Lobster tail meat (on the left) and Butterflied Shrimp (top right) served with some Rice and steamed Veggies as well as Garlic Butter and uhm Butter.
Then Jesus read my mind again and brought me some fresh Habanero Sauce and Lime Wedges.
Once I finished I wanted to start again from the beginning.
I will come again. Just have to save up some dollars. You guessed correctly, it wasn't cheap. But worth every penny especially with the excellent attention to detail and friendly banter from the Waiters. This is a restaurant where you are made to feel like you are having a wonderful time as well as eating wonderful food and admiring a great view.
Here is their website in case you are salivating now: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...